Monday, April 7, 2008

Closer Walk

This weekend has been a wonderful experience. Everything that happened brought me to a closer walk with God. On Friday, my friend Tim took my sister and I to a Spaghetti dinner, in which a church had a fundraiser for their youth group. We had a good time talking and eating. Let me tell you what... No one should use plastic forks when eating spaghetti, it just doesn't work. My sister's Fork snapped in half and went flying into my hair! It was crazy. Either she didn't know her own strength, or the forks were really weak. But, it was funny.

Saturday was state FWB competitions. We had two young girls competing in bible memorization. I went with the church to take pictures for our Newsletter. I had to get up at 6:45 on Saturday and I didn't get home until 7:30. It was a long time. I never thought I'd be able to say that my feet & legs hurt from sitting!

It was really touching, being able to see 300 people gather to watch 80 contestants show there loyalty to God with bible memorization, skits, puppet shows, songs, playing instruments, art, photography, crafts... the list seem endless. One of the best parts was seeing a group of 5 young people, just in their first or second year of college, singing like angels and really understanding and expressing the words that flowed. I sat in awe, amazed at their talent and how they decided to use it for God.

I saw all of those people up there, doing it not just for their accomplishment, but doing it for God! I want to know where my place is, what should I be doing for God. I am at a place right now where I need to be deciding. I have just one more year in high school and then I'm out a here. I don't know if I should go into an actual college, or just take like a 1 year study course for photography, or if I should do something else entirely. I just feel like God is trying to lead me somewhere, but I'm having trouble figuring it out. With my mom crreating the new Church Newsletter I feel like I am able to use my talent for God, but I know it doesn't just stop there. Pray for me, that i will discover his will for my life. Its a struggle sometimes.

Sunday was a great church service and a wonderful day. The sun was shinning. I got to go out side with my brother and sister and play basketball. We cooked out and had an amazing time together. I am so thankful and glad with all that God has blessed me and my fafmily with. He is so loving and powerful. We are loved!

No comments: