Monday, March 10, 2008

Blizzard of '08

The weekend was rather cold. On Friday, our school received an Early Dismissal because of the pounding snow. I went home and watched the movie "Pride" about a swim team, and was kept inside. Saturday it continued to snow throughout the day, the wind picked up and blew the snow around, causing terrible visibility. Our county was under a level Three Snow Emergency and a blizzard warning. If you were cought out on the roads without an emergency, you would be fined $100! I shoveled snow off our porch and sidewalk. And I helped my Dad whenever the tractor got stuck as he plowed the driveway. It was crazy. We shoveled our little Patio outback, and the pile of snow stood as tall as my Mom. We got like 14-16 inches in all.
It was very beautiful once things calmed down. It gave me a great opportunity to go out and take some winter pictures. My brother and I built tunnels through the piled up snow. He climbed in through one end and I stood at the end with my camera, ready to take his picture. They all turned out really good. I was glad we got the snow. It turned out to be a good day with my family inside and wonderful pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be interested in seeing photos of the Wilson Winter Wonderland! Good Post Casey!!